Melbourne's 86 tram route as a giant open air gallery of street art

fff

Melbourne, Australia is internationally known for its street art and its trams. Melbourne Street Art 86 imagines Melbourne's 86 tram route as though it were a giant open air gallery of street art with its own regular tram service. The pages in the dark blue side bar below have photos of street art by the suburbs the tram passes through. Locations are noted by tram stop, street location and also on maps of the area that can be downloaded or printed. Other Melbourne suburbs rich in street art are also featured.

Take me to the site guide and quick gallery of street art CLICK HERE.
Tell me more about the 86 tram & sights along the way CLICK HERE.

Friday, February 22, 2013

New art works and CENTRAL MELBOURNE - Street art catalog and map page

Below is a new paste up probably by Shida in Sniders La off Drewery Lane.







I have also reorganised the Other locations - City of Melbourne page and renamed it to become a reasonably complete catalog of the street art locations in Central Melbourne - CENTRAL MELBOURNE - Street art catalog and map. Locations that are featured with more photographs on the MELBOURNE - Bourke Street page are highlighted with orange italic headings on the reworked page.

It still needs a bit of work to add all locations in sequence and link the page locations to numbers that I will put on the Melbourne map that is on the page, but once I have completed this I won't be doing any more major work on the site for a while - I have some other projects unrelated to street art to work on for a few months before I will have time to do anything substantial here.

I will however post a few updates of new artworks as they happen, add some more artists names from time to time and probably various small posts on whatever takes my fancy a couple of times a week to keep the feed going for the site. I might get to do a couple more maps for the other locations pages as well at some point but the St Kilda and South Melbourne page I had been planning to add to the site will probably have to wait until the Winter, as will any more work on finishing the other locations Fitzroy page.

Also below is a new mural in Literature Lane in central Melbourne that was commissioned by RMIT as part of the White Night festival, which is on this Saturday. It is a collaboration between Ghost Patrol and one other artist, whose name I did not manage to find out - despite chatting to them on my lunch break along with a friend I met for lunch, it slipped me mind to ask what they were both usually known as in the street art world.






This is what was there until a couple of days ago:




No comments:

Post a Comment